I suggest you ...

update tagging features.

Hi! I love the tagging function, but I have several ideas about ways to improve the functionality of tags.

First, for ‘view by tag’ in the gallery, extra tags should be reductive not additive. For example, if I had four tags ‘Interior’, ‘Exterior’, ‘Construction’ and ‘Completion’, if I selected to view ‘Exterior’ and ‘Construction’ photos, I would expect to see ONLY photos with both tags, not all photos with either tag.

Second, there should be a way to enable/disable suggested tags. It is frustrating to have to untag all of the suggested photo tags.

Third, there should be a function that allows you to alphabetically order tags within the list.

Fourth, it would be immensely helpful if that was an easy way to change the name/label of a tag. At the moment, it doesn’t appear to be an option.

In general, the tagging function is super helpful, but I’d love to see these improvements!

10 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lindsay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jessica Grant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Commenting to (hopefully) boost recognition - please, please, please add this to the features queue! Tagging is why I chose Irista, but without reductive tagging it's far less useful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base