I suggest you ...

Provide a mechanism to sort pictures in other orders

While I really like the sorted by date option, it would also help to sort by file name.

124 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Vernon Adams shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Zoltan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently you can sort you photos in an album. You can arrange it yourself completely custom or you sort by filename A-Z or Z-A. Or you choose between 'Newest first' or 'Oldest first'

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the point of using sequential file names if they are going to randomly sort when I upload them? Very disappointed. I'm going to look for another site for storing and sharing my photos.

• martinnickbayliss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful to be able to put albums I create within another album e.g. Holiday 2019 as the main album with "sub albums" of particular days out on that holiday which do not all take place on the same day!!

• Kirous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sort by filename and sort by exif date taken are needed badly. The current sort by upload date makes a mess with sequential photos as it seems to sort by the time when the photo was uploaded completely. Now when I upload 100 photos, the android and web app seem to upload all the files in parallel, so it is completely random which photos finish uploading first, so the photo order will be random also.

• Rafael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should orden by date of capture, date o modification and date of upload. This is basic for phtogrpher that edit old pictures on lightroom for example.

• Adrianc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, the Worlds largest Photo producing company can't let you sort your photos in a sensible order. Shite.
    Two years of posts about this and still not addressed. Unreal

• Vibesman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the Photoshop workaround, so here's what I do to order an album. Irista inexorably sorts an album by JPEG EXIF shot timestamps, and I use a neat program for rewriting that timestamp to be anything I want, called "EXIF Date Changer" from Rellik Software. For a very small price, I can alter a selected set of JPEG files in a selected folder or everything in the folder in filename order, with a specified timestamp increase. EXIF Date Changer does this non-destructively by placing new versions in a "adjusted" folder attached to the target folder, with new timestamp prefixed filenames. Once you learn the program, you can order things the way you want. Still no excuse for Irista not providing arbtirary user-specified sorting.

• Vibesman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of the comments are valid, but here's another reason for user-selcted album order. When one shoots a sports action seqeunce in Continuous Shutter mode (as many shots per second as an SLR permits), there can be multiple exposures with the same JPEG internal timestamp. In my case my Canon T6i stores the timestamp with a 1 second granularity. By inexorably sorting only by this timestamp in an album where with my camera as many as 4 shots can have the same timestamp, Irisita screws up the order of my sports action sequence and ruins the entire effect. Time to get serious and join the big boys, Canon Irista Team! And while your at it, how about a nice slide tray for sorting like PowerPoint?

• Ton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sort option by latest update first, sort by date, sort by stars (also add an option to add stars/favourites)

This questions is from almost 2 years ago.
    What is wrong with you Canon? Don't you guys know how to add a little code to the app?

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your web interface missing a lot of features to sort and choose easily photos to add in an album.

Please add a view without image too to manage

The filter view has disappeared.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I downloaded a lot of photos of a wedding in several batches, with the most 'urgent' downloaded first. Because Irista presents photos taken on the same date in reverse order of downloading I now have a thoroughly jumbled timeline, darting backwards and forwards between the ceremony, reception, pre-wedding preparations, etc. I can't believe that there is no mechanism for sorting the photo order apart from changing the dates on each photo.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Uploaded photos were added from last picture to first picture, instead of first picture to last. Don't want to have to upload one photo at a time. And it doesn't let me move pictures around. This is too bad.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that it would make it more useful for sorting options. My pictures are saved by numerical file names as I love to see a progression, especially if many taken onsame day.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to sort photos uploaded to Irista by sequential file name or manually. Come on Canon get this sorted out and it will improve Irista into a useful program.
    Regards
    PeeWee

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was not able to vote on the person concerned that the order of the images was "random" and the request was marked "completed" -- but the order is still random for my photos. In order to tag my photos correctly, I must have them appear on the screen in sequential order according to the file name. Please enable us to select different means of ordering our files -- including by file name.

Thank you

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base