I suggest you ...

Have a 'reset' button to start over

I think it would be great if you could reset your account to:

- Clear all content off
- Start the experience from fresh

This will help if you've maybe imported content you don't want to, etc.

18 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Harleigh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This app is a mess. Srewed up my uploads, missed half my photos, no reset. Come on guys you dont even basic functionality. What a time suck. Spent hour wasting time trying to get this app and the so called "mac uploader" to work correctly.

• r.d. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for me a reset or delete all filtered pictures would be great. On setup i decided to sync a folder, but once they where in my irista account i realized it is just huge bunch of rubbish just poluting my irista environment. now i have to click each and every picture to be able to delete them. This is not very user friendly.

• E.R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plus, once you delete pictures from the web interface, they won't appear anymore after reupload, even if you delete the app preferences and DB.
        An option to reset the database, on the website AND the uploader, is really needed.

Here's why :
        I uploaded a folder containing a lot of pictures not sorted.
        Once I realized that, I did some sorting, and thought it would be a good thing to start fresh, so I deleted everything on the website (lots of pictures, painful experience...)
        The uploader didn't detect anything, and still showed "Transfer complete".
        I removed the folder from the watchlist, restarted the uploader, added the folder back, still the same.

I then searched for the uploader preferences on my Mac, and after a lot of search, found them in a ~/.local/Canon folder.
        Why don't you use the ~/Library/Application Support/ folder like every other app ??
        Anyway, I quit the app, deleted everything in this folder to reset the uploader, and restarted it.
        After initial setup, it started to upload, but nothing appeared on the website.
        It's like there is some DB on the website that still remembers that pictures were deleted, and don't process them.
        In the uploader log files, I see many "Duplication found for XXX.jpg", quite for every picture actually

Please correct this, right now the service is useless as I can't upload anything anymore.

Thank you.

• Neil Auty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used all my 13GB overnight because I clicked external drive when I closed down . On restart, the desktop loader did just that, tried to upload all my external archive images. Now I have to click on each on to delete... Really?

Feedback and Knowledge Base