Please share your feedback on irista Beta.

Have the ability to hide images from timeline (categorize which will be shown there)

When retouching/editing an image (crop, fix colors, any modification that "improves" it) either from a raw one or from the jpg that came out of the camera you end up with a timeline showing both files.
I want to be able to define criteria such as image type (raw or jpg) or image name (0001.jpg vs 0001_edited.jpg for example) by which i can hide the photos from my timeline.
So i still have backed up the original one but it does not "pollute" or "dilute" my timeline, only the final version of the photo shows up there

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ira shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can be done even more usefull if i have more than one timelines and can assign photos by criteria like the above to categories
        For example i will have Timeline A consisting of my final edited photos, Timeline B for my raw/original files Timeline C for my family photos, Timeline D for my client's photos
        So when entering Irista i will be able to chose the appropriate Category that i need to be shown The photos which i want to show my grandma are entirely different than the photos i will show to a client but all of them are still my photos and i do not want to be forced to maintain more than one Irista accounts in order to keep them separate one from another

This can also be done if technicaly easier by giving me the option to merge multiple Irista accounts to one and having the ability to chose which one would be active at each moment.
        This way i clear things up already at uploading, this folder uploads here, this folder uploads there and there is no more fiddling inside Irista and no need to categorize each photo where it belongs

Feedback and Knowledge Base