I suggest you ...

Introduction of a folder type structure to galleries

The addition of galleries is most welcome.
However, to use these effectively, the ability to create multiple galleries within a gallery is needed.
eg. gallery "Holidays" then has galleries "UK", "Europe", "America" etc contained within it.
This structure could then mirror the folder structure in Windows on the PC.

24 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ianbideyianbidey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how can it not be possible to have galleries within galleries
        One creates a holiday album/galleries and within that one wants folders/galleries in separate catagories

• Julie JurgensenJulie Jurgensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, I have to children, Emma and Mathias. I would love to have one folder/gallery for each child and then sub-galleries for each month/year. In general I'm missing some folder options.

• Christian von SommChristian von Somm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with francis: this could become complicated; especially if folders and subfolders should be protected by username / password or just by cryptic links.

• francisfrancis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally... I find folders difficult - I have way too many and I can't easily search for memories- ultimately we shouldn't need folders if tagging and intelligent search is possible. I not sure how realistic this is though

Feedback and Knowledge Base